Health and Safety Manager (Civils/Utilities)
- Location: Greater Belfast
- Job referenceWPR01-261101_1543253223
- Level of educationSee Description
A leading Utility and Civil Engineering Contractor requires a HSEQ Manager to assume responsibility and oversee company health and safety procedures, predominantly visiting sites within Greater Belfast area.
Our Client has a number of long term frameworks with Utility providers, Water, Electricity, Telcoms, and Gas Networks to name but a few. They have a well established certified ISO and IMS in place. Founded nearly 40 years ago, they have won numerous awards including prestigious NIRAUC Best Streetworks Contractor and UK Health and Safety Awards.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to show evidence of monitoring, reviewing, preparing and publishing policies and procedures that apply in multi site operations. The role requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong negotiation and client facing skills. With a real desire to take control and responsibility of safe working practices skills to ensure that all sites develop their Health and Safety compliance culture in a consistent manner.
Some of your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Maintaining an effective Health and Safety Management System for the company across multiple sites.
- Provide support and guidance to the senior management team on Health and Safety matters including; the development of statistics, management reviews, targets and objectives.
- Assist in the preparation of PPQ's and tenders.
- Provide leadership on Health and Safety matters and empower the workforce to ensure it is firmly embedded and adhered to.
- Manage compliance, daily check lists, attending industry information days etc.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- A minimum of 10 years' post qualification Health & Safety experience within the Construction industry.
- Relevant Health & Safety qualification such as NEBOSH.
- Hands on experience in conducting audits, investigations & root cause analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of NI,UK and EU Health and Safety legislation.
- Understanding of OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001, ISO 50001 and ISO 14001 standards.
You will also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
If you feel this 'HSEQ Manager Civil / Utilities' role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail. Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
If you would like to hear more about the role please call Anne MacEntee or Michael Knox on 028 9031 2009.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.