Health and Safety Advisor (Wind Farms)
- Location: UK
- Job referenceWPR01-170101_1547723871
- Level of educationSee Description
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Health and Safety Advisor to join a well-established company who provide specialist engineering installation and maintenance services to the wind farm industry in the UK, Ireland, Europe and Africa.
This role will see you become an integral member of the Health and Safety team and see you implementing and maintaining health and safety in the workplace in line with legislation, company policies and practices, in one of the fastest growing sectors within the construction industry.
Our Client is a specialist Wind Turbine Installation Contractor, offering heavy cranage and mechanical/electrical services to the principal wind turbine suppliers in the market, and to date they have erected over 6,000 wind turbines with an installed capacity in excess of 11GW. They are now recognised as the largest Wind Turbine Installation Contractor in the UK, with an increasing market share in the UK, Europe and beyond.
Please note: This role will require frequent travel to sites throughout Europe, all travel and accommodation will be provided.
Health and Safety Advisor Responsibilities:
- Safety Site Visits throughout the company.
- Evaluate Safety Site Documentation.
- Incident and Accident Investigation/Reporting.
- Site Drug and Alcohol Testing throughout the group of companies.
- Review/Issue Risk Assessments, Method Statements for sites.
- Review Health and Safety report from sites and follow up on any corrective actions.
- Log and review all Safety Observation Cards.
- Attend VDMA and Health and Safety Meetings where required.
- Log all accidents, near misses and incidents.
- Assist HSE Manager with Company Audits.
- Ensure that all Personnel are complying with HSE and Site regulations.
- Ensure that all Personnel have the correct PPE and training to comply with site and country regulations.
- Carry out all the necessary checks on Plant and Equipment to ensure all have a valid certificate and are fit for use on site.
- Advise Sites on Health and Safety Issues.
- Carry out PPE reviews and advise on its correct use.
- Attend Health and Safety Meetings and Summits as required.
- Attend Site induction days and advise crews on site rules and procedures.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Previous experience in a similar Health and Safety role within the construction/heavy lift industry.
- Minimum NEBOSH Certificate health and safety qualification.
- Experience in carrying out Accident/Incident investigation.
- Appointed Person or similar qualification in lifting would be beneficial but not essential.
- Highly analytical person with attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills are essential, as is the ability to multitask and work with field staff in diverse locations.
If you feel this 'Health and Safety Advisor' role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
If you wish to discuss the role in more detail please contact Anne MacEntee or Michael Knox on 0044 2890 312009.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.