Graduate Structural Engineer (Design)
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR01-090803_1533810688
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
Excellent opportunity for a Graduate Structural Engineer looking to gain experience in a consultancy environment. Our client is seeking to appoint a graduate Structural Engineer to join their busy Structural Engineering team in Belfast working on a range of projects in Water and Wastewater Civil Infrastructure, Environmental Improvement Schemes, private and public sector projects such as Education, Residential, Sports, Commercial Development.
A broad range of projects will allow you to tailor and shape your future, career progression is at the core for our client and as such they will fully support membership and progression to becoming chartered while offering a competitive salary and a diverse range of projects.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To assist the senior members of the team in the preparation of drawings, calculations, programmes, specifications, reports and other job related correspondence.
Career progression is at the core for our client and as such they will fully support membership and progression to becoming chartered while offering a competitive salary and a diverse range of projects.
As a member of the Structural Engineering Team and under the guidance of senior team members you will undertake the following duties:
- Preparing conceptual, schematic and detailed design solutions for various elements of Structural engineering work using CAD software.
- Liaising and co-ordinating with other design team members, both in house, other offices and/or external consultants.
- Attending design team meetings and client liaison meetings as appropriate
- Assisting in the preparation of drawing lists, programmes, specifications and progress reports using Microsoft Office software
- Co-operating with site supervisory resources
- Any other relevant engineering duties as may be required from time to time and as determined by local Office
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants must have a Degree in a related discipline such as Structural or Civil Engineering.
- 1-4 years' experience in a similar role
- Strong AutoCAD skills
- Design office experience
- Be able to work effectively under pressure, to deadlines and as part of a team
- Experience in Water / Wastewater projects would be advantageous but not essential.
If you feel this Graduate Structural Engineer role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
To speak with one of our Civil Engineering Consultants and find out more about the role please call Anne MacEntee or Michael Knox on 0044 2890 312009.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.