Graduate Engineer (Renewables)
- Location: Monaghan
- Job referenceWPR01-160501
Excellent opportunity for Graduate Engineer with an interest in Project Management of Site Works, activities include planning, design review and contract management. You will join a well-established company who provide specialist engineering installation and maintenance services to the wind farm industry in the UK, Ireland and Europe. This role provides the opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing sectors within the construction industry and will give you valuable experience for a career in renewable industry.
Our client is a specialist wind turbine installation contractor offering heavy cranage and mechanical / electrical services to the principal wind turbine suppliers in the market and to date they have erected over 5,000 wind turbines with an installed capacity in excess of 10 GW. They are now recognised as the largest wind turbine installation contractor in the UK with an increasing market share in mainland Europe and beyond.
As Graduate Engineer, working together with the Technical Manager and Project Managers you will be responsible for the preparation of Site Packs and management of contracts. Principle duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Produce Technical Drawings using AutoCAD in both plan and elevation
- Assisting Project Manager and Health and Safety Dept to agree Lifting Plans to include Crane mobilisation, lifting sequence and crane selection.
- Develop and agree programme of work in conjunction with Project Manager, prepare the project schedule, evaluating and prioritising workload within the schedule.
- Issue of other essential site documentation such as Method Statements and Risk Assessments in conjunction with Health and Safety Dept
- Prepare and finalise the project execution strategy in conjunction with Project Manager.
To be considered for this exciting role you must have:
- A relevant engineering degree (Renewable Energy, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or Construction related)
- Experience in AutoCAD would be advantageous, training will be given
- Any background in the construction, electrical or wind turbine industry will be advantageous.
If you feel this Graduate Engineer vacancy is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
If you wish to discuss the role in more detail please contact Anne or Michael on 00442890312009
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd and part of the Wellington International Group are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.