Design Manager (Construction)
- Location: County Down
- Job referenceWPR01-050303_1520269916
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
A well established, specialist Metalwork Fabrication Contractor is recruiting a Design Manager to join their team, delivering complex Steel Fabrication services to some of the biggest construction companies in the UK.
Based in County Down, our Client is renowned for their expertise in both design and fabrication of architectural/structural metalwork and pipe welding. They have secured a creditable reputation with repeat contracts from a vast array of UK Tier 1 Contractors on projects such as London Cross Rail, Water/Wastewater Treatment Projects, Marine, Education, Residential and Healthcare.
Due to this ongoing success they are looking to strengthen their Design Team with the appointment of a Design Manager, who will manage the design process for the entire construction process for their construction projects in Ireland and the UK. Some travel may be required to the UK from time to time as required.
Some of your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Take the design elements of each project from pre-start meeting to site installation and completion.
- Manage a team of detailers, including programming and distribution of work.
- Ensure design and drawing standards are maintained to the client’s satisfaction.
- Design review meetings, progress and performance reporting.
To be considered for the role you will have:
- Experience in a similar Design related role within the Construction Industry.
- 3rd level qualification in a relevant technical discipline such as Structural Engineering or Architecture.
- Experience and knowledge of current design packages, including Tekla, AutoCAD, Solidworks and Strucad.
- Excellent negotiation skills and positive attitude to problems.
You will also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
If you feel this exciting "Design Manager" role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
To hear more about the role please call Anne MacEntee or Michael Knox in Belfast on 028 9031 2009.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.