Cost Manager (Quantity Surveyor)
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR01-221101_1542899517
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As Cost Manager you will lead a team to successfully deliver cost management support and assurance focus for major projects. Translink's capital portfolio contains over 200 live projects with an annual spend in excess of £200million.
The Cost Manager will develop and implement a best practice framework for cost, value and contract management for construction projects, provide support and assurance for project planning and delivery, manage dispute resolution and seek continual performance improvement.
Please note that application forms have to be submitted before noon on Monday 26th November so early application is advisable.
As Cost Manager your new role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Develop and implement best practice strategies, frameworks and supporting documentation for procurement/contract and cost management for construction projects to ensure projects are delivered on budget and in accordance with current procurement regulations.
- Prepare or review project cost estimates to support business case development or key project approval stages at key project stages using various techniques to ensure project costs are accurately estimated and delivered on budget.
- To manage and challenge external cost consultants and third party checks on building, civil engineering and rail project costs in the current portfolio to ensure costing and budgets are realistic and accurate.
- Lead value management and engineering at key stages throughout the project and advise on value management workshops and forums to deliver best value.
- Establish a database of project cost information to analyze and inform project selection and cost planning.
- Implement lessons learnt from Translink and industry wide information for continuous improvement.
- Direct and support 'in-house' Quantity Surveyor in developing and managing procurement and cost management.
- Advise and lead on adjudication/arbitration or dispute resolution and contractual disputes.
A full job description and application form can be provided upon request.
To be considered for this role you will have a minimum of a Quantity Surveying or other relevant Construction Management Degree.
Essential experience should include the following:
- Sound knowledge of public procurement practice for construction works and services.
- Experience in procuring major construction works and service contracts/frameworks.
- Experience in the NEC suite of contracts.
- Proven experience in cost estimating and cost management.
- Chartered Surveyor status with RICS, or working towards Chartership.
- Desirable experience would include experience of infrastructure projects/contracts.
If you feel this "Cost Manager (Quantity Surveyor)" role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown. A full job spec and application form can be provided on request.
Applications must be completed and returned by noon on Monday 26th November.
Contact Anne or Michael on 004428 9031 2009 if you would like to discuss the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.