Commercial Manager (Civils Infrastructure Railways)
- Location: Belfast
- SalarySee Job Description
- Job referenceWPR02-270201
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As Commercial Manager you will lead a team to successfully deliver cost management support and assurance focus for Translink's major Infrastructure Flagship Project, Belfast Transportation Hub incorporating Weavers Cross Redevelopment.
The Commercial Manager will develop and implement a best practice framework for cost, value and contract management for major civil infrastructure projects, provide support and assurance for project planning and delivery, manage dispute resolution and seek continual performance improvement.
Translink's Belfast Transportation Hub is a Flagship Project due for completion in 2022. It is a world-class development that will become the main transport hub for Northern Ireland. An innovative and ambitious project that will provide a gateway to Belfast for commuters and tourists; a main bus and train connection point for all parts of Northern Ireland and the main rail link to Dublin, including direct connections to all major airports in Belfast and Dublin.
As Commercial Manager your new role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Develop and implement best practice strategies, frameworks and supporting documentation for procurement/contract and cost management for major infrastructure projects associated with the Belfast Transportation Hub and Weavers Cross programmes to ensure projects are delivered on budget and in accordance with current procurement regulations.
- Prepare and review project cost estimates to support business case development and key project approval stages.
- Lead value management and engineering at key stages throughout the project and advise on value management workshops and forums to deliver best value.
- Continuously scan project environment for commercial issues and risks for Translink, and advise and escalate to the Senior Programme Manager, so that risks and issues can be managed and mitigated.
- Implement cost controls with other commercial staff within the programme on commercial progress management, risk analysis, cost plan management and delivery of monthly budget reports and projections.
- Advise on dispute resolution and contractual disputes.
A full job description and application form can be provided upon request.
Essential experience should include the following:
- A Degree in Quantity Surveying or other relevant Construction Management.
- Sound knowledge of public procurement practice for construction works and services.
- Experience in procuring major construction works and service contracts/frameworks.
- Experience in the NEC suite of contracts.
- Proven experience in cost estimating and cost management.
- Chartered Surveyor status with RICS or working towards Chartership.
- Desirable experience would include experience of infrastructure projects/contracts.
If you feel this "Commercial Manager (Civils Infrastructure Railways)” role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown.
Contact Damien Rafferty or Anne MacEntee on 004428 9031 2009 if you would like to discuss the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.