Clerk of Works (Healthcare Projects)
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR01-051002_1538751667
- Level of educationSee Description
As Clerk of Works you will join a leading name in providing design, consulting, construction, and management services. Based in Belfast you will be working on a significant Hospital / Healthcare project and will provide a high standard of technical supervision and reporting.
You will work with a team of industry professionals delivering a range of projects including Health Care, Education, Commercial and Residential projects. Our Client is ranked by Fortune as one of the World's most admired companies. Based in Belfast with offices worldwide, this is an opportunity to join one of the top Engineering Consultancies and help them deliver professional services from their Belfast offices.
The on-site works will encompasses; tanking and backfill, multi-story reinforced concrete structure, structural & secondary steelwork, façade support & internal steelwork, cladding / curtain walling, roofing, plant rooms including services runs and finishes.
Please note: This is an immediate requirement with a closing date of Friday 12th October so early application is advisable.
Duties will include, but are not exhaustive to:
- Provide general and practical advice to the Architect in relation to works on going.
- Attend and contribute to site and technical meetings.
- Carry out inspections of materials on and off site for compliance to contract documents and inform the project manager and contractor of any non-compliance.
- Observe any Health and Safety requirements and take appropriate action on any observed breeches of the Health and Safety at Work Act by the contractor, consultants or visitors
- Liaise with the client, architect, civil/structural engineers, M&E engineers and request their presence on site if required.
To be considered for this exciting role you will meet the following criteria:
- Experience in a similar Clerk of Works role working on Healthcare / Hospital projects.
- Relevant construction related qualifications. Membership of the Institute of Clerk Works would be desirable.
- Have a wide understanding of the building industry, including knowledge of materials, trades, methods & legal requirements.
- Strong advocate and 'champion' on Health & Safety on site.
- Excellent client facing skills with experience of working closely with Architects and Engineers to ensure smooth running and delivery project.
If you feel this Clerk of Works role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
To hear more about this role please call Anne MacEntee or Michael Knox on 028 90312009.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.