Civil Engineer (Design)
- Location: Lisburn, County Antrim
- Job referenceWPR01-300801_1535635401
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As a Civil Engineer you will be given the opportunity to play an important role within the civil engineering team on the delivery of design on a portfolio of prestigious Civil and Building Projects.
Our Lisburn based Client is a niche Consultancy Practice who focus on Civil and Structural Engineering Solutions. With a full order book, they work with long established frameworks and partnerships on award winning projects, within both the Private and Public sectors. You will gain particular experience in Education, Retail, Industrial, Residential, Leisure and Healthcare.
Chartered Engineers are on hand to provide mentoring and support along the path of Chartership Status, and will actively encourage Membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers.
Based in Lisburn, the office is in close proximity to the train station so a car may not be necessary.
As a member of the Civil Engineering Team, you will undertake the following duties:
- Preparing conceptual, schematic and detailed design solutions for various elements of Civil engineering.
- Liaising and co-ordinating with other design team members, both in-house, other offices and/or external consultants.
- Liaising with external bodies such as NIEA, Planning Authorities, NIW etc.
- Attending design team meetings and client liaison meetings as appropriate.
- Preparation of drawing lists, programmes, specifications and progress reports using Microsoft Office software.
- Co-operating with site supervisory resources.
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants must have a degree in a related discipline such as Civil Engineering and progressing along a route to Chartership.
- Have circa 5 years' experience in a similar role in a Design office.
- 2D AutoCAD skills, experience with specialist software such as Autodesk Civil 3D or BIM will be particularly advantageous (training will be provided).
- Be able to work effectively under pressure, to deadlines and as part of a team.
If you feel this "Civil Engineer" role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
To speak with one of our Civil Engineering Consultants and find out more about the role please call Anne MacEntee or Michael Knox on 0044 2890 312009.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.