Civil Design Engineer (Water)
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR01-090801_1533809473
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As Civil Design Engineer you will join one of Belfast's leading Architectural and Engineering Consultancy firms, supporting a multidisciplinary team in delivering Water and Wastewater Projects. You will join a well-established team of Water and Wastewater Engineers delivering design on Water Infrastructure and Non-Infrastructure Projects, carrying out appraisals, design and delivering projects. Our Client will offer a balance of autonomy and support, career development and progression in line with your current experience and career path.
Our Client has an enviable client base built on fostering partnerships and building relationships within Public and Private Sector and the supply chain. They successfully deliver prestigious construction projects within the Education, Leisure, Infrastructure (Road and Water), Residential, Environmental and Commercial sectors. They have long term frameworks in place with local water authorities, utility providers in Ireland and UK, and deliver design and build services to a number of well established NI Contractors. This role will involve NO travel to the UK.
Career progression is at the core for our Client and as such they will fully support membership and progression to becoming Chartered, while offering a competitive salary and a diverse range of projects.
As a member of the Civil Engineering Team, and under the guidance of senior team members, you will undertake the following duties:
- Undertaking site visits and capturing design information.
- Preparing conceptual, schematic and detailed design solutions for various elements of infrastructure engineering work using AutoCAD and Arc GIS software.
- Liaising and co-ordinating with other design team members, both in-house, other offices and/or external consultants and contractors.
- Attending design team meetings and client liaison meetings as appropriate.
- Assisting in the preparation of drawing lists, programmes, specifications and progress reports using Microsoft Office software.
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants must have a degree in Civil Engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Previous design office experience.
- Circa 1-5 years' experience in a similar role working on civil engineering water projects.
If you feel this "Civil Engineer" role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered pleaseapply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
To speak with one of our Civil Engineering Consultants and find out more about the role please call Anne MacEntee or Michael Knox on 0044 2890 312009.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.