Civil Design Engineer - Roads
- Location: Galway
- Job referenceWPR01-191002_1539958980
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As a Civil Design Engineer, you will join a team of industry professionals delivering design solutions on road and civil infrastructure projects for Public Sector and Private developers. Based in Galway, just outside the city centre and with offices worldwide, our Client has a substantial portfolio of projects and delivers professional services to the roads/site development industry in Ireland.
Our Clients are one of the largest Engineering Consultancy in the world. They have a well-established presence throughout the UK and Ireland, with offices in Belfast, Dublin, Galway and Cork. Due to Framework commitments and recent awards on some high-end private developer projects, they have a range of opportunities within Water, Infrastructure, Transportation Teams for Senior Civil Engineers, Environmental Engineers and Hydraulic Engineers.
A high level of autonomy is associated with this position; our Client will fully support membership and career progression to becoming Chartered, while offering a competitive salary and a diverse range of projects.
As Civil Design Engineer, your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Assist in the design, supervision and monitoring of road/site development projects.
- Maintaining design folders.
- Preparation of project reports, including planning, tender and construction stages.
- Preparation of design drawings and review of drawings prepared by others.
- Report writing.
- Review of Contractor and Design Team proposals.
To be considered for the role you will have the following:
- Degree qualification in a relevant discipline such as Civil Engineering.
- Experience in the design and delivery of Roads Infrastructure projects including drainage, pavement design, earthworks and utilities.
- Familiar with statutory planning through to detailed design for housing, industrial and commercial schemes.
- Computer literacy to include AutoCAD, Drainage design software, Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project.
- Experience of working in a client facing role, with strong communication skills.
If you feel this 'Civil Design Engineer - Roads' role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
To speak with one of our Civil Engineering Consultants and find out more about the role please call Anne MacEntee or Michael Knox on Belfast 0044 2890 312009.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.