Chartered Civil Design Engineer (Water Team Lead)
- Location: Belfast
- Job referenceWPR01-110704
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As a Chartered Civil Design Engineer you will join a Global Engineering and technical specialist in their Belfast office focusing on delivering NIW projects and other water projects throughout the UK. You will have the opportunity to lead a project delivery team on multiple small to medium size projects. A high level of autonomy is associated with this position; our Client will fully support Continued Professional Development, training and mentorship will be given to further develop your career path.
Our Client has a team of 100+ water engineers covering civil, structural, MEICA and process skills, working throughout their UK offices. Working closely with their multi-disciplinary colleagues they are involved in a wide variety of projects, ranging from Dams & Reservoirs, waste and clean infrastructure and non-infrastructure, coastal and flooding schemes. As a Chartered Civil Design Engineer you will be specifically involved in delivering their non-infrastructure projects with a focus on clean water.
As a Chartered Civil Design Engineer your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Project manage multiple small to medium size schemes with responsibility for client relationship management, financial control and delivery.
- Lead project delivery team setting culture of excellence, accuracy, attention to details.
- Liaise with Clients, other internal groups and members of the delivery team.
- Imaginatively develop solutions with a focus on H&S, sustainability, innovation, efficiency and the bigger picture.
- Prepare/oversee design calculations, reports and specifications to support their designs.
- Responsible for team deliverables and time and quality expectations.
- Undertake project financial and resourcing planning, scope control, change identification and risk management.
- Be responsible for the financial, quality and programme deliverables for their projects.
- Mentoring new graduates and apprentices.
- Ability to lead and develop others - support, guide, provide feedback and performance management of project team.
- Train, check and approve work of junior engineers.
To be considered for the role you will have:
- Experience of delivering clean water projects and non-infrastructure schemes including Water Treatment Works.
- Circa 10 years' experience in civil engineering design, with at least 5 years in a project management role.
- A Chartered member of the Institute of Civil Engineers/Engineers Ireland or similar.
- A team player with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to successfully communicate with Clients and technical and non-technical staff at all levels.
Competitive Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience.
Benefits Include: Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, Income Protection, Profit Share, Flexible working.
If you feel this ‘Chartered Civil Design Engineer’ role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
To speak with one of our Civil Engineering Consultants and find out more about the role please call Anne MacEntee or Michael Knox on 0044 2890 312009.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.