- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR01-090501_1525874495
- Level of educationSee Description
This is an excellent opportunity for a Buyer to join one of Belfast's most iconic companies, working in heavy engineering, oil & gas, marine works and renewable energy sectors, on various projects.
Our Client are global players on the ship building industry, they have a substantial portfolio of clients. You will be joining an existing team of design, procurement and manufacturing experts who work closely with the on-site assembly team. They will be delivering the most complex precision engineering fabrication project for a £2.5 billion offshore windfarm off the East Anglia coast.
Please note this is a 4 month contract role, however for the right person the role could be extended or made permanent.
As a Buyer your duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Manage all elements of the procurement process; contract negotiation, tendering, pricing negotiation, supplier relationship management, liaising with stakeholders.
- Representation at supplier meetings.
- Develop supplier relationships.
- Identifying new opportunities in the supply base and on-boarding new suppliers.
- Create savings and improve efficiencies through negotiations with suppliers.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- At least 2-5 years' experience in a similar Procurement / Buyer role.
- Experience working within the construction / engineering industry.
- Ability to implement and achieve cost savings.
- Strong IT skills and experience of using Microsoft Office applications.
If you feel this "Buyer" role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button.
To hear more about the role please call Michael Knox or Anne MacEntee on 0044 28 9031 2009.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.