Assistant Quantity Surveyor (Consultancy)
- Location: Belfast
- Job referenceWPR01-230601
- Level of educationSee Description
As Assistant Quantity Surveyor you will be joining a leading consultancy with offices throughout the world. Based in the Belfast office you will be joining the Cost Management team working on a range of Health and Infrastructure projects valued over £200m. As part of a multi-disciplinary team you will have input in feasibility studies, design, planning procurement and construction stage cost management.
WPR are working alongside our client who is a leading development and infrastructure organisation that requires a Quantity Surveyor to join their team to provide effective surveying assistance to team members and colleagues to ensure that a high level of technical, financial and commercial control is maintained on projects. Employee career development is at the core of this company and as such they will fully support membership and progression to becoming chartered while offering a competitive salary, long term opportunities and career progression.
As Assistant Quantity Surveyor your role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Drawing measurements: Taking off and producing budget cost estimates and cost planning.
- Tender document production.
- Bills of Quantities and Schedules of Work.
- Assisting the development of cost plans.
- Initial value engineering.
- Reviewing tender returns
- Attending design team meetings
- Site visits to review application for payment.
- Continuing development of cost plans.
- Valuation certificate production
- Reviewing contractor's application for payment
- Analysis of sub-contractor packages with contractor
- Preparation of financial reports during the construction phase
- Final account information: Production for review and issue
- Participate in value engineering workshops and analysis
In order to be considered for the role you will have:
- HNC, HND, BSc/MSc in Quantity Surveying.
- Working towards Chartered (RICS) status.
- Up to 5 years industry experience.
- MS Office Proficient.
- AutoCAD Proficient.
- Experience in health or building sectors.
- Experience of NEC3 Project Management.
- MS Project or similar.
If you feel this "Assistant Quantity Surveyor" role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
If you wish to discuss the role in more detail please contact either Anne MacEntee or Michael Knox on 02890312009.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.