Accident Investigator (Construction)
- Location: Monaghan, Republic of Ireland
- SalarySee Job Description
- Job referenceWPR01-060701
- Level of educationSee Description
We have a rare opportunity for an Accident Investigator to undertake investigation of a wide range of construction related incidents and accidents, including mechanical failures.
In your role as Accident Investigator you will join a unique and very rewarding profession with a well-established company who provide specialist engineering installation and maintenance services to the wind farm industry in the UK, Ireland, Europe and Africa. The diverse and challenging nature of the role will provide you with the opportunity to review, investigate and implement a number of proactive measures in one of the fastest growing sectors within the construction industry.
As an Accident Investigator you will report directly to the Group HSE Manager and will lead the overall investigation of incidents, accidents and near misses, with a view to implementing risk mitigation measures and risk prevention strategies. You will have the opportunity to investigate a broad range of incidents and accidents that will require you to apply scientific and engineering principles while maintaining the safety observation log. Previous industry experience is not required; you will be supported by a team who have all the knowledge and expertise in this field.
Our Client is a specialist Wind Turbine Installation Contractor offering heavy cranage and mechanical/electrical services to the principal wind turbine suppliers in the market, and to date they have erected over 6,000 wind turbines, with an installed capacity in excess of 11GW. They are now recognised as the largest Wind Turbine Installation Contractor in the UK, with an increasing market share in the UK, Europe and beyond.
Accident Investigator Responsibilities:
- Guide and support a sustainable reporting setup that runs effectively and efficiently throughout the company.
- Analyse information gathered by investigation and report findings and recommendations.
- Oversee all accidents and incidents and investigate to identify the root cause, contributing factors and corrective and preventative actions.
- Log all near misses and report data back to HSE Manager.
- Liaise with all Project Managers, Site Managers and Site Agents in order to promote a safe working environment for all colleagues.
- Train site teams re incident/accident investigation process.
- Evaluate site safety documentation.
- Participate in the investigation of accidents, conduct interviews post-incident, some international travel is envisaged to carry out incident review on site when necessary.
- Accident and incident investigation experience essential.
- Must be competent in root cause analysis
- Highly analytical person with attention to detail.
- Previous experience in Risk Management within the Insurance Industry.
- Health and Safety experience is desirable.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills are essential for this role.
- Strong organizational and co-ordination skills are essential, as is the ability to multitask and work with field staff in diverse locations.
Salary: €45,000 - €55,000 depending on experience
If you feel this “Accident Investigator” role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
If you wish to discuss the role in more detail please contact Anne MacEntee or Damien Rafferty on 0044 2890 312009.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.