- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR01-170801_1534506059
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As Finance Manager you will be joining a leading engineering consultancy specialising in delivering modern innovative M&E building services solutions for a diverse client base. Based in Belfast, this exciting position will sit within the Management Team and will offer the right individual a challenging and rewarding role where you will be involved in key financial and operational matters.
Formed in 2002, our Client is an award winning Building Services and Environmental Engineering Consultancy operating in the Healthcare, Education, Commercial, Hotel and Leisure, Sport, Civic and Cultural and Housing sectors. Their innovative approach to design and engineering solutions has seen them pick up a number of awards and become a recognised name in the Building Services sector. As Finance Manager you will contribute to sustained growth and development of the existing finance team.
Some of your key duties will include but not be limited to:
- Overall cash management and budgets on an ongoing basis.
- Preparation and presentation of the annual budgets and liaising with auditors when required.
- Budgeting for, reporting and monitoring capital expenditure.
- Review of accounts and investigation of variances then setting rectification plans.
- Overall control of all financial transactions and accountancy matters, including audit systems, whilst working with the Board to review potential disposals and acquisitions.
- Preparation and submission of monthly reports on a range of business divisions and monitoring business performance by division.
- Preparation/Submission of Annual Statutory Accounts Pack.
- Ensuring that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Developing financial models in support of projects and tenders.
- Management of financial management information systems and IT.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity you must have:
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar senior financial appointment within the industry, such as Finance Manager or Financial Controller.
- Qualified in relevant accountancy discipline such as ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- The ability to work under pressure with critical decision making skills.
- Ability to demonstrate commercial acumen in areas of improving business performance.
- Strong IT systems skills and knowledge.
As Finance Manager, you will also have excellent analytical and organisational skills, as well as first class communication skills, both written and verbal. Experience of working in the construction or engineering sectors would be advantageous to your application but certainly not essential.
If you feel this 'Finance Manager' role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
If you would like to discuss the role specifics in more detail please call Ciaran Timoney or Michael Knox on Belfast 004428 9031 2009.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.